In the coming year, we are going to focus on the gray area that many of these so called " sports marketing" companies operate in. These businesses all have common elements, which include:
- 100% Commission Jobs
- Business to business solicitation (most often uninvited)
- Eventual door to door sales (a suprise not mentioned in the "interview" process)
- Promise of promotion within 6-8 months
- Top Performers get to "open their own office"
- The expectation of using your own car and gas on a daily basis with no expense account or reimbursement.
- 65-80 Hr. work weeks with $300 or less take home after taxes
- Promise of Sports Marketing (usually requires selling coupon books door to door)
As a final word, we encourage people to stay clear of any MLM business or its practices. There are better ways to earn a living, and better ways to start your career. MLM jobs are not about living life and enjoying it-its just getting by. Its not about money -but it is about being happy. Seek a creditable company -find one that is going to pay you what you are worth. Commission is not bad-but find one that you can actually make money on.
Business to Avoid:
US Marketing Alliance (USMA)
9227 Haven Ave. Suite 220
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. 91730