Pages

How to Spot a Scam

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jean Philips Scam Artist

Another Scam artist has crept up as of late.

Name: Jean Philips
Tactic: Classic Nigerian Scam. Eludes to the services of non-existent shipping company to "pick up the item"

7/27/08 Cragislist User Wrote:
Thank you guys so much as for the heads up, this just happened to me...I wanted to know where fresnomail.com came from or what it was used for. The persons name is Jean Philips The scam artist is using so far 3 different email addresses with me. I have an item listed on craigslist : jphilip45@fresnomail.com
jphilip0003@yahoo.com
jphilip0003@gmail.com

BEWARE OF THIS PERSON here is what the emails were:email #1Hello is this item still available on sale.... you can get back to me with the pictures of it, if is still available Sent by [CompanyName]

Maile mail #2(sent to me three times by the way lol)Hello i really appreciate your response to my earlier mail.like i said i will like to buy this item so pls do withdraw the advert from Craigslist. I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check due to the distance as i am located in Florida.I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.1.Your full name2.Your mailing address be it residential or postal address3.Your phone number.**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check**Have a nice day Bullshit! Seeing as though I work in a bank I am no stranger to the check cashing frauds out there!!!

PLEASE PEOPLE DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!! WATCH OUT FOR THESE LOW LIFES THEY WILL DRAIN YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD FOR!!!WATCH FOR JEAN PHILIPS!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. I received the EXACT email for Jean Philips just yesterday (09/20/08) in response to an ad I posted on CL. I had a feeling by the way it was worded and the request that it was a scam so I Googled his email address (jphilip0003@yahoo.com) and I found this post.

I love the internet! While it enables lowlifes to scam ppl, it also enables good Samaritans to give others the heads up before they are taken in.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, something needs to be done about this guy. He contacted my best friend last week and luckily some one caught on and told her that it was a scam.

WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY ANY INFORMATION. YOUR NAME, YOUR PHONE NUMBER, AND YOUR ADDRESS IS ALL THIS CREEP NEEDS TO TAKE YOUR MONEY (OR WORSE TO KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.)