Pages

How to Spot a Scam

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Scam Artist Cannot Spell Fake Name Correctly

Thank you to the Sacramento CL user who sent this information.


I received a closely related set of emails responding to my tutoring ad on Sacramento craigslist. Tip offs for me were a change of email address (and name spelling: Micheal -> Michael), poor english, and no reference to anything I had said. After running several unsuccessful google searches with names, towns, etc. I ended up here. Kind of funny - kind of not...

EMAIL 1
FROM micrichiinunity007@googlemail.com

Hi,will you be available to tutor my daughter (Carie) Maths or English
by February 2009?
Richard.

EMAIL 2
FROM micrichiinunity004@gmail.com

Hi
Thanks for your reply.Am from Petersburg Florida,my 15 year old
daughter(Carie) is coming for an holiday,and she is interested in
having Algebra Maths or English Composition lesson during her
holiday.She is a middle school student.Actually,she want the lesson to
start by first week in January but i insist on Feb.So if you can be
available for the lesson by January,no problem. She will be coming to
you for 1 hour lesson per day(3 times per week),I got a Nanny that
will relocate to you area to take proper care of her and also there is
someone that will always drive her down to the location of the
lesson.So please Kindly get back to me with:
1.Your charges per hour.
2.Total charges for 1 month that she will be taught one hour per day
in 3 times a week.
Waiting to read from you soon.

No comments: