Pages

How to Spot a Scam

Friday, October 24, 2008

Avoid Sandra Candy

A craigslist user informed us of this low life:

Name: Sandra Candy
Email: sandy.candyrain@gmail.com

Being new to CL and that USPS/DHL shipments, I became a victim. She made an email that would came from USPS with all that tracking number notifications...Item was delivered to the address she gave me but no payment came in...it's depressing but there's nothing more I could do but be wiser next time.

This is the email from Mrs Sandra Candy- sandy.candyrain@gmail.com... i guess this could be the same person that you encountered too.How are you doing?I am located in BOSTON. I'd want you to know that i am new to craigslist online transaction.. I would like to let you know that I have gone through your posting and ready to buy it. As far as there will not be any repairs on it I am willing to offer you a sum of $2100 for the item so that it could be packed properly.

I could have love to pick the item up myself but am busy woman due to fact that am a nurse and working in the hospital and i have alot of appointment in the hospital. So the payment will be made through (usps Money Order, delivery of cash)(Standard 1-2 Days delivery Service ).. I am purchasing it for my friend's daughter wedding which coming up on the 15th october in Warrington, Pa 18976 USA... With this,you'd get your money after payment has been made and all necessary things done.. To proceed with the payment I will need your mailing address, city, zip code, state and likewise phone number. I also have a UPS/DHL prepaid account which will take care of the shipping charge, so you will not need to pay for shipment....I will be looking forward to hearing you...ASAP

No comments: